Volunteer vacancy: Lunch, childcare and welcoming coordinator
We’re looking for someone who can offer a day a week (flexible hours) to coordinate the lunch and childcare at our Tuesday sessions. We want the Unity Project to be a welcoming, stress-free and hospitable place, and this role is central to ensuring that.
You will need to be available for some of the session on Tuesdays, and on a flexible basis during the week. The rota will need to be confirmed the week before the next session.
We would like to have someone in place by the end of November and are recruiting on a rolling basis until we find the right person.
You will work as part of our small team to do the following – the role is flexible and can be expanded and negotiated.
- Coordinating the kitchen rota (usually 3 chefs each week)
- Recruiting kitchen and food collection volunteers
- Coordinating and increasing food donations from local businesses
- Keeping the kitchen stocked (through donations and bulk orders)
- Making sure that leftovers are distributed among visitors, volunteers or neighbouring drop-in centres
- Coordinating the childcare rota (with an awareness of school holidays)
- Recruiting DBS-checked childcare volunteers
- Distributing travel money to visitors
- Organising Christmas hampers