Work with us
We are currently looking for a project assistant to work alongside our project coordinator to assist with the administration and development of TUP.
A great opportunity to gain experience in managing a small and dynamic project, to develop skills across a variety of tasks - both interpersonal and administrative - and join our committed and friendly team.
5 hours p/w, Fridays.
New Unity, Upper Street, Islington.
£10.20 p/h (London Living Wage). Employed on freelance basis.
Immediate start. 6 months, with possibility of extension subject to funding.
How to apply:
To apply, please email email@example.com using the subject line 'Project Assistant Job Application' with:
- A cover letter (max 2 pages) outlining your interest and experience in all areas of the job description below
- Your CV
Interviews will take place at New Unity (Islington) on a Friday (exact date TBC)
- Data collection (the basis for our strategic challenge to the NRPF restriction, so one of our most important tasks)
Tidying our existing data
Entering data on weekly basis
Compiling an annual report
Writing case studies
Lead on projects like designing logo, campaign video, etc
Maintaining website on Squarespace platform
Editing/ creating resources for volunteers and applicants and keeping the G-Suite documents and physical records up-to-date
Preparing small funding bids
- Volunteer management
Interviewing casework volunteers
Coordinating the kitchen/childcare rota and recruiting new volunteers for these roles
In all cases, the role may involve delegating tasks to volunteers and coordinating their work
- Other tasks that may arise
- Knowledge and, ideally, personal lived experience of NRPF and its effects
- An evidenced desire to change the NRPF policy and its effects
- Excellent administrative skills with previous experience of administration work, either paid or voluntary
- Excellent computer skills (knowledge of SquareSpace, Google Drive and databases will be a big advantage)
- Experience in coordinating and leading volunteers/ a team
- Reliable, punctual
- Able to manage time, prioritise, work efficiently, juggle different tasks and plan ahead
- Positive, willing to learn and open to variety
- Approachable and friendly, including over the phone
- Good level of spoken and written English